Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shoe Box Memories

When you fall in love, or even just in like, something happens. You become very aware of the other person's presence. A wave or smile becomes the highlight of your day. A note or gift turns into a treasured possession. When I was dating Brandon, I had a shoe box to collect all the odds and ends that reminded me of the words and moments that we shared. An uninformed party might mistake this collection for meaningless, valueless rubbish. To me, this box represents a vibrant, growing relationship that I want to remember from the very start.

I think I need to start another shoe box. As I grow in my relationship with Jesus Christ, I am finding His words and the moments we spend together to be more and more precious. Although many of the moments we share are intangible, He loves to throw in some tangible reminders of our relationship from time to time.



Tonight, I was sifting through a large dish of change to reward Owen for doing his chores. I pulled out a coin that was unique. I noticed Hebrew writing and the word Israel on the coin! Woo Hoo! Israel! That's where "my guy" is from! I was so excited! I ran to tell Brandon. Turns out the coin was his. He had found it while working the dime pitch game at Cedar Point many years ago. He noticed it was not a dime and had kept it all these years. It had somehow gotten mixed into the change dish for me to find. I love it! That coin would have meant very little to me even a few years ago. Today, it was a highlight! Thanks God for loving me. I will treasure this reminder of your love!

No comments: