Sunday, June 29, 2008

Heaven

Today my thoughts turn toward Heaven. It's a place I often close my eyes and attempt to visualize. Kirsten, Grandpa, Baby, Mel & Berneice--you are greatly missed, yet your lives reminds me daily of the great hope I have in Christ.

Death was not intended.
God intended life.
Sin entered the world;
Death followed--
A horrible, yet just price.
God surveyed the scene,
Had mercy on our plight.
A solution then He offered,
His Son would pay the price.
Death was not intended,
Yet Jesus Christ succumbed.
To give us life eternal
And bring his children home.
Now He’s gone before us
He’s prepared a heavenly space.
We must accept the invitation
To see His holy face.
Ecc 3:11 . . . He has also set eternity in the hearts of men . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes...that's good."God intended life."

...believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name (John 20:31 NAS).

Aunt Lynette