Wednesday, July 2, 2008

One Year


What a difference a year makes! One year ago today, I was sitting at my computer typing the following blog . . .

July 2, 2007 - Monday

Waiting

Well, I've entered my 10th month of pregnancy. Not a goal I ever hoped to achieve! We see the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully, he'll have some insight into when this baby might be ready to make an appearance.

Brandon and I aren't the only ones eagerly awaiting this baby boy's arrival. The other day we were finishing up a nice dinner at home. Out of the blue, Owen asked if he could pray. Brandon and I were a little puzzled by Owen's request. Whenever we pray before our meals, Owen typically wants mommy or daddy to say the blessing. We all closed our eyes and joined hands.

Here is Owen's special prayer . . .
"Dear Jesus, Thank you for this day. Thank you for this food. Please help my baby brover to come soon. Amen."


It is exactely one year later and I am thrilled to say that God indeed answered that prayer. Miles Lee Early arrived the very next night, July 3, 2007. As we prepare to celebrate Miles' first birthday, I can't help but be amazed at God's great blessings. Miles is a joy to our family. He is my "Smiley Miley," Daddy's "Milo," Owen's "My Baby," and Grammy and Grampy's "Little Guy." He is the spitting image of his earthly father and I pray that one day he will be a reflection of his Heavenly Father. This is my prayer for Miles . . .

"All good gifts come from you Father. Thank you for your gift of our sweet baby Miles. I pray that he will know your love at an early age and that he will grow into a man who loves you with all his heart. Amen."

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Happy birthday, Miles!!

Anonymous said...

He was well worth the wait! We love our "Little Guy".