Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Without Blemish

But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation--if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. Col 1:22-23a

Oh, how I long for the day when I will be presented to God without blemish! Can I just get real with you . . . I am currently sporting the most ginourmous zit I have ever had in my entire life, seriously!!!! It is taking residence on the lower half of my chin. It is a sight to see. I have to admit, it does make me chuckle every time I look in the mirror. Why a chuckle? Let me share.

As a teen, I was very prone to breakouts. Now, I'm not talking about a zit or two, I mean all out warfare happening on my face. I distinctly remember being jealous of girls who would fret over just one zit. "Lord, that would be so great if I could have just one zit!" You know the saying be careful what you ask for! From time to time, I get exactely what I asked for--just one zit. When I see one coming, I say "Thanks Lord, you are faithful to answer. Next time I'll aim my requests a bit higher!" It's kinda like an inside joke between the Lord and I.

I think this particular zit has a message for us. God hears our prayers and he answers them-- in BIG ways!!!! Let's shoot for the stars with our prayers. Ask God for big things and expect big things to happen. He is more than able!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny! Yes, God doesn't ever forget our very specific prayer requests and reminds us in ways only we might recognize.

It's wonderful that He teaches us how to pray through these reminders, too.