Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Owen!

No, Owen is not turning 5 yet. Actually, he is not even 1 day old! Today, I had the privilege of praying with my little guy as he decided to ask Jesus to live in his heart. Happy Spiritual Birthday my sweetheart!

01/30/09 Just wanted to add how this all came about, more for myself and Owen to be able to look back and remember this special day. Over the past few months, Owen would randomly make a comment or ask a question about God or heaven. Many conversations started out as the one below, but when asked if he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart the response was usually no, not right now, or a total change in topic. On this particular day, I was in the kitchen with the boys. Owen was sitting in his seat and although I don't remember the exact words, this was the gist of it . . .

Owen: I think we're gonna see Jesus tonight.
Me: Where will we see Jesus
Owen: In heaven
Me: Cool! You know, Jesus is in my heart so he is with me all the time. Isn't that neat!
Owen: Is Jesus in my heart?
Me: Remember we said that mommy and daddy can't decide if Jesus comes into your heart. That is a decision that you have to make. Are you ready to make that decision?
Owen: Yes
Me: Are you deciding that you want Jesus to come and live in your heart?
Owen: Yes
Me: That is so awesome Owen! Let's pray. You can say what I say and you can tell Jesus that you are sorry for the bad things you do and that you believe in him and want him to live in your heart. Do you want to do that?
Owen: (Nods head yes)
Me and Owen: Dear Jesus, I love you and want you to come into my heart. I am sorry for the bad things I do. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins. I believe in you and I want you to live in my heart. I love you! Amen.
Me: Wow Owen! This is so awesome! Jesus lives in your heart now! We need to party. Did you know that the angels in heaven are having a party right now! Let's call your daddy, he will be so happy!



1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a wonderful experience that must have been for you both! Welcome to the family, Owen!