Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bathroom Conversations

[Owen sitting on potty, Mom sitting on edge of tub]

Owen: Where does God live?

Mom: In heaven . . . well, actually He lives everywhere. He even lives in my heart.

Owen: He lives in my heart too!

Mom: He does! When did you ask God to live in your heart?

Owen: Just now.

Mom: That's so awesome! Do you know what it means to have Jesus in your heart?

At this point, Owen was off on another topic. Only God truly knows the condition of this little guy's heart, but what a joy to sit in the bathroom and talk about Jesus with my son. I know the toilet is often affectionately called "the throne", but yesterday it looked a lot more like an altar.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

My hubby asked Jesus into his heart kneeling down at the toilet when he was a little boy. He says that's the closest thing to an altar he could think of in his house:-) Very sweet!