Friday, May 21, 2010

My Psalm

Born Still
May 14, 2010

Too tired to sleep
Don’t want to think
Can’t get the images out of my mind

A lifeless body
Silence persists
This just can’t be happening again

Prepped and prepared
Feeling so scared
I’m not ready to say goodbye

Crying out to my King
Maker of everything
Hold me now Lord, I need you tonight

Quietly you came
We gave you a name
This moment I’ll never forget

Your tiny form
You had been born
Straight into the Father’s embrace

I love you little one
Your life has truly begun
It won’t be long until we’re together again

For now I must stay
I will glorify and praise
The God who has provided a way

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Kerri,
I can't even begin to express how sorry I am for your loss. I know how upsetting it is to lose a child you so desperately longed for. I'm praying for peace that passes all understanding and that God will comfort and heal you in this time.
Melissa

Ashleigh said...

Keri, this is beautiful.

June Harrison said...

Keri,

Your Mom forwarded me Brandon's letter that contained your Blog address, and I have just finished reading all your entries. You have a very beautiful gift of writing, and you drew me into your heartache and all that you have gone through.......My first baby was born a year before Jody. It was a boy, and he only lived two and 1/2 days. Joe and I were devastated; kind of felt like our world had come to an end. People were sympathetic, but only a gal who had lost her first child really identified with my loss, and the Lord ministered to me through her. I just wanted to write that I understand your pain, and praise God that He has lifted you above the hurt and ministered to you. God is good, and we know we are in His hands......Your testimony validates all that He is to you. Thank you for letting us be blessed and encouraged by your faith in Him.....Much love, June
PS: I also had a miscarriage between Jack and Janis...but the Lord gave us Jeri-Lou and Jamie after that. His name be praised!