Saturday, January 23, 2010

Birthday Week Festivities

What a great birthday week! I have rung in 32 with style. Here is a glimpse of my week:

Tues 19th-Mom and dad treated us to dinner at Texas Roadhouse

Wed 20th-Brandon and I took the boys to JMK Nippon’s for lunch. Owen kept trying to address the hostess, chef and wait staff to tell them it was my birthday so they would sing to me. His wish came true when the staff came out with my pineapple bowl complete with candle. He enjoyed the attention much more than I did! Church was cancelled this night due to ice, so I had a nice quiet evening with Brandon.

Thurs 21st-Well, this day was not so great. Poor Brandon woke up with a really bad case of vertigo. Anytime he would lift or turn his head he became dizzy and nauseous. He was pretty much bed-ridden all day. I stayed home from bible study to look after him. I love bible study and missed my group, but enjoyed some quiet time at home to read and study.

Fri 22nd-After work, mom and I headed up to Madison, Wisconsin to see Little House on the Prairie the Musical starring Melissa Gilbert. I have loved Little House since I was a little girl. I know every television episode forward and backward and even read some of the books. I own a Laura collector’s doll and an 8x10 of the Ingalls family. Hey, we all have our stuff. When we got to the theater, we learned that our tickets were in the front row! I’m pretty sure we had the best seats in the entire house. It was wonderful! I even got a little teary when the music started playing. In my head I started to think . . . this is heaven! However, I became even more overwhelmed by the fact that Heaven is going be (insert biggest number possible here) better than even Little House! Now that is something to look forward to!

Sat 23rd-Today is my really good friend Tona’s birthday. This is our third annual Tona-Keri birthday event. Year one we saw Brian Regan at the Coronado. Year two we went to an Ice Hogs hockey game. Year three (today) we had a spa day! Oh my was it wonderful. I have never had a facial or massage and received “mini” ones today. We also had a pedicure which was wonderful. After that, we grabbed lunch. It was such a fun way to celebrate and it is becoming something we both look forward to.

Sun 24th-Tomorrow I will attend week 3 of the Sunday School class I helped organize. I have been learning a lot from the class taught by Pam MacRae. After church, I get to spend a few hours with some of my favorite 7th grade girls. We have a great time together. After d-groups, I have BSB with a few good friends. We are reading Forgotten God by Francis Chan and I can’t wait to discuss what we are learning!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Glad you had such a nice birthday week!