Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kentucky or Bust!


In less than 48 hours, I will be on a church van with a bunch of wild Jr Highers and having a blast I’m sure! After a 5 year hiatus, I am returning to Kentucky for the annual Jr High mission trip. This is a great trip. I love to work with our students and help them prepare. My favorite part is working with the students who volunteer to teach the main lesson each day. These students do a great job being creative and bringing passion to their lesson. During the trip, I am always amazed at how our students step up and become leaders. They love on the children who attend the VBS and do a great job sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our theme this year is “John 3:16.” Each day focuses on part of this verse. We are going to have a lot of fun learning about a God who loves us and His son who sacrificed so much for us. If you think of it, say a little prayer for me. The hills and hollers don’t do much for my motion sickness and I will be missing my boys something fierce! More when I get back!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Will be praying for all of you. Funny, both of my kids will be in Kentucky at the same time, just at opposite sides of the state!!!